This post for Roasted Strawberry Jalapeno Margarita is sponsored by Schick Hydro® and Social Stars. As always, all opinions and recipe are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Shared Appetite!
When you want to bring the heat and the sweet to your next party… Roasted Strawberry Jalapeno Margaritas for the win!
Let’s talk summer beverages. Backyard BBQs are imminent. And staying hydrated is of the utmost importance 🙂
I wish I could say that I was a beer person. That would be an easy solution to quench that summertime thirst. Sadly, can’t stand the stuff. I know. Major bummer, right?
But here it is… and I’m secure enough to say it. I’m all about the fruity summer drinks. Especially margaritas. Any flavor. Any kind. Any time. Bring ’em on.
When you want to a get a little fancy and elevate your margarita game this summer, try serving your guests a Roasted Strawberry Jalapeno Margarita. A little sweet. A little heat. A whole lot of flavor.
Roasting the strawberries brings flavor to a whole new level of caramelized goodness. And the jalapeno infused tequila? It’ll put hair on your hair. Seriously. It’s powerful stuff.
I only let the jalapenos hang out in their tequila bath for about thirty minutes, and it carried a legit punch of heat. Add more infusion time at your own risk.
Speaking of putting hair on your hair, check out this pretty funny video about the retirement of an epic beard with the Schick Hydro®. This guy reminds me of some of my friends from church. A couple years back they all grew some epic beards and carried them around like a badge of honor.
I’ve never partaken in the growth of a full on beard. I prefer my signature short goatee (so do the ladies… right Asheley 😉 ), which I can keep pretty sweet-looking with the Schick Hydro® 5 Groomer.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled
- ½ tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ cup silver tequila
- 1 jalapeno
- ¼ cup orange liqueur, like Gran Gala
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup/nectar
- 2-3 cups ice
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place strawberries on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet in a single layer and sprinkle with sugar. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until the strawberries are soft and bubbling. Let cool and then scrape strawberries and juice into blender.
- Meanwhile, cut a jalapeno in half lengthwise and add to tequila. Let sit, undisturbed, for 30 minutes. Taste for spice level, and continue to steep with jalapenos until desired level of heat is reached. Pour tequila through a fine mesh sieve and discard jalapenos.
- Add jalapeno infused tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, and agave syrup to blender and mix until well incorporated. Add ice, 1 cup at a time, until margaritas reach desired frozen consistency.