The Ultimate Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki and Israeli Salad was created in partnership with Kingsford. As always, all opinions and recipe are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Shared Appetite!
Eating out in NYC. Besides my family and friends, it could quite possibly be my favorite part of being alive. There's something so amazing about the incredible breadth of culinary greatness that's squeezed within 22 square miles of space. Seriously. I have a never-ending list of restaurants I want to try. Every time I cross one off, I add 3 more. The amount of ridiculously amazing food in this city is unreal.
And yet, I find myself returning to a few places over and over again. Not because it's anything fancy or mind-blowing, but because it's downright delicious. One of those places is Souvlaki GR. I've yet to have a bad meal there, and time and time again they just do the simple things extraordinarily well.
My good buddy Tyler and I have a photography studio... Ashe Photography Studio (shameless plug), and whenever we go into Manhattan for a client meeting, we always end up at this place after. The order is always the same. Chicken souvlaki with a massive amount of tzatziki sauce (and pita... their pita is freaking legit).
Ever since first tasting their chicken souvlaki, I knew I had to recreate it at home. I needed to perfect the ultimate Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki and Israeli Salad. And guys, I'm so excited to share this with you. It's EPIC.
So what makes the chicken souvlaki and tzatziki at Souvlaki GR so good? A few things. Let's break it down:
- You want all those lemon-garlic-oregano flavors to permeate through the chicken. That's why I recommend marinating this chicken overnight. It's worth it.
- So that all the chicken cooks at the same rate and finishes at the same time, it's important to make sure your cubes of meat are all cut to the same size. Go for the most uniform cubes you can get.
- Don't go too big on the cuts. 1" cubes are ideal. This way the marinade goes all the way into the meat and the chicken will cook fast.
- Get your grill cranking on medium-high/high. You want all those charred crispy bits on the outside of the chicken.
- The perfect pairing for chicken souvlaki? A highly seasoned tzatziki. The flavors are intense, just the way they should be. And to give you a burst of crunchy freshness in every bite, the simple Israeli Salad (tomatoes and cucumbers) is totally the way to go!
Guys. I haven't mentioned this yet because I don't want to believe it... but my summer is coming to and end. School starts back up at the end of next week, so it's time to get all the end-of-summer celebrating I can. I don't have time to wait for Labor Day. The celebrations start now.
And you know what? Kingsford gets it. They want to celebrate life's non-holidays with you too. That's why their Kingsford® Match Light® Instant Light Charcoal briquettes get you cooking FAST. No lighter fluid required... just strike a match and you'll be ready to cook in TEN minutes. Yup, I know! EPIC!
Kingsford wants you to submit your favorite non-holiday celebrating. Forget just partying it up for special occasions. Life's too short, so let's celebrate the mundane... everyday. Make sure to tag Kingsford the next time you share your favorite non-holiday celebration!
Instagram @Kingsford | Facebook @KingsfordCharcoal | Twitter @Kingsford
You can find Kingsford® Match Light® Instant Light Charcoal briquettes at Walmart!
When it comes time to serve up the ultimate Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki and Israeli Salad, you've got some options. You can certainly go straight up and just eat it as is. It's a great paleo-friendly, gluten free meal that you'll feel good about serving to your family.
To take it to the next level, feel free to get a side dish of rice and some warm pita on the table. Or maybe get some lettuce and make yourself a legit Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki salad! Either way, you're going to want to make The Ultimate Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki and Israeli Salad over and over!
*recipe slightly adapted from The Iron You.Print
The Ultimate Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki and Israeli Salad
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kingsford®. The opinions and text are all mine.