With just 4 ingredients and a few minutes of hands-on prep, you can have a legit DIY holiday gift to hand out with this Dark Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Bark!
Yea. Christmas is this week. I don’t know how it happened either.
I always think I have everything totally under control in the gift category of Christmas prep. But then you realize you forgot about the secretaries at work. Or the neighbors. Or some friends that you didn’t think you were trading gifts with but they got you a gift and now errrrrrr what do I do??
Enter DIY Christmas gifts from your very own kitchen. Thoughtful? Check. Delicious? Check. Totally trendy? You better believe it. I mean, check.
Meet this Dark Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Bark. It’s 4 ingredients. FOUR INGREDIENTS. And it only takes a few hands-on minutes to prepare. Most importantly, though, it’s absolutely legit.
You’ve seen peppermint bark before. It’s readily available from pretty much every store you walk into around this time of year. There’s also a ton of recipes for it out there on the interwebs.
It’s nothing new or revolutionary. I’m completely aware.
But, I decided to share this Dark Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Bark with you anyway for a few keys reasons:
- most peppermint bark you find at the store (or recipes for it online) call for white chocolate. I hate white chocolate. It’s not even real chocolate. It’s a wannabe. You know what chocolate is the real deal? The dark stuff. Use dark chocolate. Your taste buds will thank you for it.
- many peppermint bark recipes just call for candy canes on top. Uhm, no. I want peppermint flavor throughout my bark… not just some crunchy peppermint essence on the top of my bark. This bark has peppermint extract throughout the chocolate, so every bite is refreshing dark chocolate mint goodness
- it’s an amazing DIY gift that takes less than 15 minutes of actual hands-on work. People go ga-ga over it, and little do they know this Dark Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Bark is the easiest thing to make ever. Boom.
So go ahead, make a batch of this Dark Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Bark, wrap it up all nice and cutesy, and have it on hand for all those last minute gifts you need to make good on.
Oh, and Merry Christmas!
- 24 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 12 oreos, crushed into pieces
- 4 candy canes, finely crushed
- Line a 9x13" baking dish with aluminum foil, shiny-side up. Melt chocolate in the microwave in 30 second intervals on half power, stirring between each, until chocolate is just melted through. Stir in peppermint extract, then pour into baking dish and smooth into an even layer.
- Scatter crushed oreos and candy canes all over melted chocolate, gently pressing them into the chocolate. Let chocolate harden at room temperature, about 1 hour. Lift the bark out of the pan using the foil and break into pieces. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Dark Chocolate Peppermint Oreo Bark
Need More Holiday Recipes?