Both kids and adults will love this quick and easy lightened up taco salad, full of veggies and lean protein!
Do you know what’s always super exciting? Trying on my work clothes for the first time since June. And by exciting, I mean scary. And by scary, I mean what-the-heck-who-shrunk-all-my-clothes.
Ah, the beginning of another school year.
As we re-enter the mecca of student learning for another rousing round of academics, everyone always asks, How was your summer?! If we are talking food… it was great. Maybe a little too great.
And although going back to work is a bit of a bummer, I’m also oddly enough excited to get back into a routine. A schedule. Especially with eating. Hello balanced diet, I’m looking at you.
I’ll admit it. This summer was
hugely a little over-indulgent. With the stress of moving, eating out became our norm. Dessert at lunch and at dinner?! Sure thing.
So it’s about time things in our house gets a bit more nutritious.
Enter this lightened up taco salad. I remember eating this as a kid at an end-of-the-season bbq when my dad played on the church softball team. I instantly became hooked.
It’s loaded with vegetables, fruit (technically tomatoes and avocados are fruits, right?), and lean protein. And a necessity? The Kraft fat-free Catalina dressing.
It’s a great way to eat a bit more on the sensible side, while maintaining that big flavor punch Asheley expects. I know, she’s so demanding, isn’t she?!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Taco seasoning (recipe below)
- 1 big head romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- ½ (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups tortilla chips, broken into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup fat-free Kraft Catalina dressing
- ½ tablespoon ancho chile powder
- ¾ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon onion powder
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground turkey and taco seasoning and cook until browned and no longer pink, breaking meat into bite-sized crumbles. Let cool completely.
- In a large serving bowl, combine lettuce, baby spinach, cheddar, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, black beans, avocado, frozen corn, tortilla chips, ground turkey, and dressing. Toss gently to coat. Devour immediately, before the chips get soggy.
Hey, want more recipes featuring Kraft products? Check out Kraft Recipes!
Change up your dinner routine with Kraft. Visit KraftRecipes.com for great recipes and meal ideas, featuring Kraft. Because food deserves delicious.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.