This is a easy recipe for pickled onions.
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- Combine vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk together until sugar and salt is fully dissolved.
- Place onion in a jar or bowl (I like to use a mason jar). Pour vinegar mixture over the onions and let sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour if you’re in a rush. Preferably, cover jar or bowl and place in refrigerator for at least 1 day. Pickled onions will last for a few weeks stored in the refrigerator.
- Use pickled onions to top tacos, nachos, sandwiches, salads, and more!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 5
- Category: condiment
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 28
Keywords: Pickled onions, Red onions, vinegar, Salt, Sugar, Tacos,