This post is sponsored by Kitchen Play and Alamos Wines. As always, all opinions and recipe are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands who support Shared Appetite!
Impress your family and friends this holiday season with this stunning Filet Mignon Crostini with Romesco, Goat Cheese, and Crispy Shallot. It’s classy, it’s packed with bold flavors, and it’ll instantly give you some serious entertaining street cred.
Wow, I can’t believe Thanksgiving was last week and we are already into December!
Christmas music is officially turned on. I’ve already climbed into the attic to drag out all of our Christmas decorations (and without getting locked in a la Chevy Chase Christmas Vacation style might I add). And all that apple cider… yea, it’s been replaced by hot chocolate. A lot of hot chocolate.
I love this time of year.
The shopping for gifts. The cookie baking. The cookie eating. The collective generous holiday spirit of (most) New Yorkers. Getting together with family and friends. And of course, the parties.
You know how much I love small plates. Apps. Tapas. Finger food. It’s totally my jam. All little bites, jam packed with flavor. That’s totally my type of holiday eating. And entertaining. These Filet Mignon Crostini with Romesco, Goat Cheese, and Crispy Shallot… #legit
And really, no party is complete without some good wine.
I’m all about some good wine. Asheley and I absolutely love the stuff. And I’m not talking just open up a bottle of whatever you have lying around. Carefully selecting wine to pair with your food… picking a bottle that’s going to complement the flavors you’re pounding down at the table… that’s where the magic happens.
And guys. This Filet Mignon Crostini. I don’t even know where to start. Let’s just say this is some classy stuff. Like, you’ll definitely impress your family and friends when this is on your holiday menu. You can earn some serious entertaining street cred with these bad boys.
And it’s perfect with a bold wine like…. oh hey there Alamos Malbec. It’s equally bold, has some great natural acidity, and is super versatile with big-flavored foods like this crostini.
Filet Mignon Crostini with Romesco, Goat Cheese, and Crispy Shallot
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: About 24 Crostini 1x
- 1 French baguette, cut into thin slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 (8 ounce) filet mignon steaks, cooked to medium-rare
- Romesco Sauce (recipe below)
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Crispy Shallots (recipe below)
- Parsley, for garnish
for the Romesco Sauce
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large plum tomato
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
for the Crispy Shallots
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- All purpose flour
- Olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Brush baguette slices with olive oil and season with Kosher salt. Toast baguette slices in a 350°F oven until lightly toasted.
- Top baguette with a spoonful of Romesco sauce and a few crumbles of goat cheese. Thinly slice filet mignon and place 1 or 2 slices on each piece of baguette. Top with a few crispy shallots and chopped parsley.
- Serve and devour immediately.
for the Romesco Sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Rub a little olive oil on both the pepper and tomato. Place on an aluminum foil lined baking sheet and roast, turning occasionally, until tender and charred in spots, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and cover with plastic wrap for at least 10 minutes. Peel skin off of pepper and tomato. Remove seeds from pepper.
- Puree roasted pepper, roasted tomato, garlic, almonds, apple cider vinegar, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a food processor. Slowly drizzle in olive oil until completely incorporated and season generously with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
for the Crispy Shallots
- Heat about 1/2″ of olive oil in a small fry pan over medium-high heat. Coat shallots in all purpose flour, shake to remove excess flour, and fry in batches until golden brown and crisp (about 25-45 seconds per batch). Remove to a paper towel lined plate and immediately sprinkle with Kosher salt.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
Do you dare to pair with Alamos Malbec this holiday season? Alamos Malbec is grown at the foothills of the Andes using grapes that combine bold layers of flavor and excellent natural acidity for a versatile wine that you can dare to pair with a wide variety of holiday dishes. For daring pairing recipes and inspiration, visit Alamos Wines on Facebook.
I am all about some bold flavored appetizers, and these filet mignon bites look amazing, Chris! I think they would be a great way to kick off our weekly howl-at-the-moon party. You make up another batch of these bad boys, and I’ll bring the wine. Deal?
Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor
I could eat this crostini all day! Perfect combination of flavors. That Romesco sauce looks so good, I could eat it by the spoonful! I will definitely have to grab a glass of Malbec and this crostini!
Jocelyn (Grandbaby cakes)
This filet needs to be on my plate tonight!
The appetizer that eats like a meal deserves a perfect Malbec pairing. GREG
Love all the flavors!! You can’t go wrong with filet mignon and goat cheese, right? We love Argentinean wines but never try Alamos before. I’ll check them out next time. Pinned!
Wow…I would be just fine demolishing a huge plate of these crostini…and a Malbec 🙂
finger food is so my jam too Chris, and this crostini looks GORGEOUS! obsessed with the romesco and goat cheese components, so brills!!! pinned 🙂
Beautiful combination. Really like romesco. I imagine this goes great with the malbec.
Great appetizer! Love the combo of romesco and goat cheese!
I’d expect to receive these bite sized bites at a fancy restaurant! Gorgeous times infinity! And I bet they taste amazing because the food combo sounds unreal. Yup, I need a napkin to wipe the drool. 😉 Outstanding job!
Clark Griswold. Oh how I love him. Cannot wait to watch that movie this season!
And I would totally take a few of these crostini while watching! And a glass of Malbec – my favorite wine at the moment!
Alessandra // the foodie teen
This is absolutely gorgeous! I’m loving crispy shallots at the moment, and I can only imagine how amazing they are paired with filet mignon! Yum!
These crostini look amazing! Love the flavours, so amazing!
Please invite me to your holiday party with this filet mignon crostini? You’re fancy-la and I wish I could party with you. MMMMMM.
Alice // Hip Foodie Mom
Chris, I have the radio station on that’s playing christmas music 24/7 on. . all the time! 🙂 I am always in awe of your recipes and photography. . these are freaking beautiful and I can’t wait to try this!! Delicious!!
I’ve been baking so many cookies, eating so many apps, drinking so much wine… It’s really the most wonderful time of the year 🙂 This crostini looks fabulous!
Kevin | keviniscooking
Chris I could make these bad boys an entire meal! Beautiful addition base of the Romesco sauce. #WolfpackEats!
I am SO craving these crostini right now.. they look and sound beyond delicious. Think they would make great fancy appetizers for Christmas too! Pinned!
They totally would… thanks Thalia!
Holy Moly Amazingness!!! I can’t even…
Haha thanks Meg!
This looks soooooo good! And I’ll take a glass of that Malbec, too. Love!
Hahaha thanks Megan!
Absolutely wonderful! One of our favorites for entertaining!
Thanks so much, so glad you love it also!