These Skillet Loaded Taco Potato Chip Nachos were created in partnership with Frito-Lay. As always, all opinions and the recipe are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that support Shared Appetite!
Well, that was fun. The chaos of Christmas and the New Year are now complete. Although it’s always a non-stop crazy time of year and this post-holiday breather is definitely welcomed, I also kinda miss it. Olivia is at this perfect toddler age where she is starting to get it, and Christmas was such a magical season. The lights, the get togethers, the presents. She loved it ALL. And now… it’s over. It’s time to put away the decorations (noooooooooo!) and get the house back in order.
I don’t know about you, but I need something new to look forward to now. Thankfully, it’s the best time of year for game day eats. I’m not really a big football fan, but I’m 100% a HUGE game day food fan. That one magical day a year is fast approaching… Super Bowl LII… and I’m so on board with celebrating the great American pastime of football with a legit menu of mouthwatering food. This year I’m bringing these Skillet Loaded Taco Potato Chip Nachos. Just like nachos, but made with the perfectly salty and crunchy LAY’S® Classic Potato Chips. Oh heck yes.
I honestly never really got into football. I mean I’m happy to watch it when it’s on, but I couldn’t tell you what teams are doing well this year and which ones aren’t. But that one magical day a year… the be all end all that fans wait all year for and the event that even non football fans like me can get into.
More importantly, I enjoy the commercials and I am all about the snacks.
All. The. Snacks.
Two of the favorites at our house? LAY’S® Classic Potato Chips and DORITOS® Cool Ranch Flavored Tortilla Chips.
Seriously, these two snacks rarely make it long in our house. Asheley and I both love them, and Olivia is definitely
walking running in our footsteps.
When it comes time for a game day menu, I’m all about foods that take minimal effort and deliver huge on flavor. You all know I’m a sucker for Mexican and Southwest flavors, so when I had the opportunity to combine Asheley’s love with potato chips with my love of nachos… let’s juts say it was one excited house.
The flavor options for these Skillet Loaded Taco Potato Chip Nachos are endless. I’m already thinking up Korean pork and Buffalo Chicken variations, but for our game day watch party, I wanted to keep the flavors iconic for these potato chip nachos: Loaded Tacos!
You don’t have to make these Skillet Loaded Taco Potato Chip Nachos in a large cast iron skillet, although you have to admit it looks pretty darn cool. Feel free to make them in any large baking dish or even a regular old baking tray. Let’s break down how simple and easy it is to build these epic Skillet Loaded Taco Potato Chip Nachos:
- Layer taco beef over a generous layer of crispy LAY’S® Classic Potato Chips
- Sprinkle half of the shredded cheese over the beef
- Top with Pickled Jalapeños and Easy Pickled Onions (these little beauties are SO simple to whip up and taste SO ridiculously good on nachos)
- Add more cheese
- Get everything nice and toasty in the oven, then smother in sour cream, pico de gallo, and ALL THE GUAC
- Devour with your closest friends
Seriously, you’ll be wondering why you’ve been making nachos with tortilla chips your whole life. These Skillet Loaded Taco Potato Chip Nachos have opened up a whole new world of nacho opportunities to me and have totally raised the bar for game day entertaining.
Do yourself a favor and make these Skillet Loaded Nacho Potato Chip Nachos for your next game day celebration. They come together in under 25 minutes and you’ll be crowned the new queen/king of entertaining. I promise.
Oh, and bonus tip: I always shred cheese for nachos myself. Never get the pre-shredded stuff, as it never seems to melt as well as when you spend the extra two minutes to shred the cheese yourself.
And if you’re looking for more game day recipe inspiration, check out the Frito-Lay pinterest page and my Game Day Eats recipe page!!
Skillet Loaded Taco Potato Chip Nachos
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: Enough to Share!
- 1 Bag LAY’S® Classic Potato Chips
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 (12 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese
- Pickled Jalapenos
- Easy Pickled Onions
- Pico de Gallo
- Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Brown ground beef until fully cooked. Add taco seasoning and water and cook until water and thickens to a sauce.
- In a large cast iron skillet (or other baking dish) layer potato chips, taco beef, half of the cheddar cheese, pickled onions, pickled jalapenos, and other half of cheddar cheese. Bake for 5-7 minutes, until cheese if bubbly and fully melted. Serve with sour cream, pico de gallo, and guacamole.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
This looks delicious! I love the simplicty of this recipe, this is perfect for game day!!