This post for Southwest Kale, Corn, and Bacon Dip is sponsored by Sargento®. As always, all opinions and recipe are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands who support Shared Appetite!
I’ve always wondered what it would be like to compete on Chopped. 4 ingredients. An insanely short amount of time. A whole lot of pressure, knowing full well you are going to be judged by some serious chef talent. Psshhh… piece of cake.
But I’m always super excited to partcipate in Chopped-like challenges in the comfort of my own home. With no time restraint. And Asheley being the sole judge, who pretty much will eat anything and everything I make.
The challenge? Cook up something tasty using Sargento® Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar, Kale, Bacon, and Oyster Crackers. Boom. Southwest Kale, Corn, and Bacon Dip.
And I freaking love dip. Like, if I showed up to a party and they announced that the only food they would be serving were a smorgasbord of dips… I’d be in heaven, and the hosts would be my new best friends.
This Southwest Kale, Corn, and Bacon Dip is not only huge on flavor, it’s ridiculously easy to make. The total prep time only takes 10 minutes. The hardest part is cooking bacon. Yea, it’s that simple.
Sargento® cheese has a ton of different flavors and varieties… 30 in all! The Sargento® Chef Blends 4 State Cheddar features their Sharp Wisconsin Cheddar, Sharp Vermont Cheddar, Sharp New York Cheddar and Mild California Cheddar cheeses. That’s some cheddar overload right there!
Want to win $10,000? Yea, you and me both. How about you go ahead and win this Chopped at Home Challenge… you can do it. I know it. You know it. Go do this.
- 16 ounces frozen chopped kale, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 8 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- Kosher salt
- 1 cup oyster crackers, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Squeeze out excess moisture from thawed frozen kale by wringing out in a few paper towels.
- Stir together kale, corn, sour cream, mayonnaise, onion powder, garlic powder, ancho chili powder, bacon, and cheddar cheese in a medium mixing bowl until fully combined. Season with Kosher salt and spread in an even layer in a baking dish. Cook for 20 minutes, or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, combine crushed oyster crackers and melted butter. Remove kale dip from oven and sprinkle cracker topping in an even layer. Broil until golden, about 1 minute.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Devour immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento. The opinions and text are all mine.