No one needs to know that this super impressive Peach Bourbon Caramel Cake is actually ridiculously easy to pull off and is perfect for entertaining!
I’m fully aware that I should be talking about apple this and pumpkin that. And yes, I know it’s fall.
I’m squeezing out one more chance to inhale all the peach goodness before I succumb to the almighty apple-everything. I’ll never be a pumpkin fan… sorry, I just don’t get it.
Peaches, though. Give me them all day every day. I love peaches. Especially when they are baked into a cake smothered in a luscious and gooey bourbon caramel sauce. Mmm hmmmmm. That’s right.
You have months to kick back and enjoy your apple pie and pumpkin lattes. Make this Peach Bourbon Caramel Cake before it’s too late!
This Peach Bourbon Caramel Cake is actually slightly adapted from a recipe I photographed for Dixie Crystals with… you guessed it, apples.
And it was delicious. My mom, who weighs 100 pounds soaking wet with a half dozen donuts in her hand, ate more of this cake in one day then one should eat in a week.
But I wasn’t quite ready for apples yet. And my mom, who was scarfing down her 2nd slice of cake while I was enjoying my first, totally read my mind and exclaimed… this would be AMAZING with peaches. And then I said… and bourbon.
So there, my friends, is how this Peach Bourbon Caramel Cake came about. While eating cake.
It really couldn’t be simpler. You whip up a quick fool-proof caramel sauce spiked with bourbon and pour it in a cake pan. Top with some fresh peaches and pecans. And then cover it in a super easy cake batter that takes minutes to mix together. Throw it in the oven and POOF… magic.
The best part about this cake? You can really taste the bourbon. And it pairs so well with the peaches, pecans, and caramel. It’s like they were meant to be together. The only thing missing is you and a fork.
So go ahead, let your family know that you care about them this week. Make ’em some Peach Bourbon Caramel Cake. It’s one last hoorah to summer.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F and butter a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, until full incorporated. Mix in bourbon and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until just combined.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, make the bourbon caramel. Melt butter, sugar, honey, bourbon, and salt over medium heat until it just begins to boil. Remove from heat and pour into buttered pan, covering the entire bottom surface.
- Lay peaches and pecans in a single layer on top of caramel. Spread cake batter in an even layer on top and place in oven for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Place serving tray on top of pan and carefully flip it upside down.