Don’t let busy weeknights keep you from an awesome dinner. This Quick and Easy Thai Chicken Pot Pie lets you enjoy real dinner in real life.
Parents. I don’t know how you guys do it. Asheley and I are barely home on weeknights as it is… sans kids. I can’t even imagine how hectic your weeknight schedule becomes when you start throwing homework, sports practices, and the myriad of other stuff being a parent entails.
So all the parents out there… major props to you.
Being home with Asheley on a weeknight is a rare luxury. Between client meetings with Tyler for our wedding photography business, Asheley’s community group she runs for our church, and both of us volunteering with the middle school youth group, Monday through Friday is… hectic. The last thing we want to do is spend the entire night in the kitchen. We have DVR to catch up on, after all!
Enter Campbell’s Oven Sauces. It requires minimal planning, is SUPER simple to prep (hello 5 minutes), and is bold in flavor. It’s a perfect answer when you want a real dinner in real life.
Case in point… this Quick and Easy Thai Chicken Pot Pie. Ermagherd delicious!
Yes. Literally 5 minutes of prep. The new Campbell’s Oven Sauces let you cook a real meal with what little time you have.
And what’s really great is you don’t need to go out and buy a whole bunch of fancy ingredients. In fact, you probably already have most of the ingredients you need. I know I did.
I’ve been really loving Thai flavors lately (as evidenced by the absurd amount of take-out containers currently in our fridge), so I decided to get my creative chicken pot pie game face on. All I did was swap sweet potatoes in for regular potatoes, stirred some Thai flavors into the Campbell’s Chicken Pot Pie Oven Sauce, and garnished the finished dish with some scallions and chopped peanuts. #nailedit.
And it was good. Really good.
Let’s talk sauce. A little garlic and ginger. Some red curry paste and lime juice. Stir in the Chicken Pot Pie Oven Sauce. Boom. Instant greatness.
Throw your chopped up chicken and sweet potatoes along with some frozen mixed vegetables into an oven safe dish, stir in your sauce, and pop that bad boy in the oven. Walk away for 40 minutes (Asheley and I will be catching up on that latest episode of Law and Order: SVU if you need us), and dinner is served. How easy is that?!
Make sure to look for Campbell’s Oven Sauces at major retailers nationwide. Besides this Chicken Pot Pie, it also comes in Classic Roasted Chicken, Creamy Garlic Butter Chicken, and Sweet Teriyaki Chicken.Print
Quick and Easy Thai Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 – 1 1/2 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ pieces
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups finely chopped (1/4″ dice) sweet potatoes*
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 package Campbell’s Oven Ready Chicken Pot Pie Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, grated with microzester
- 1″ piece ginger, grated with microzester
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts, for garnish (optional)
- 6 to 8 biscuits, cooked according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place chicken, frozen mixed vegetables, sweet potatoes, and scallions in a 13×9″ baking dish (reserve a little bit of chopped scallions for garnish, if desired).
- In a small bowl, combine Campbell’s Oven Ready Chicken Pot Pie sauce, garlic, ginger, red curry paste, and lime juice. Pour over pot pie mixture and stir to combine.
- Cook for approximately 40 minutes, or until chicken and sweet potatoes are cooked through. Remove from oven and garnish with reserved scallions and chopped peanuts, if desired. Serve with biscuits.
*make sure to dice sweet potatoes small. If left too large, they will need longer cooking time, which will overcook chicken.
$100 Target Giveaway!
How does a $100 gift card to Target sound?! I know, pretty darn fantastic. To enter the giveaway, simply leave a comment below telling me how you will use Campbell’s Oven Sauces to make a wonderful family dinner? You can also visit Campbell’s on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 1/12/2015 – 2/27/2015.