For busy weeknights, easy dinners are a must. Enter slow cooker ideas, like these Hawaiian Luau Pulled Pork Tacos with Pineapple Habanero Salsa and Tangy Slaw.
So listen. I’m a fan of Mexican recipes pretty much any day, any week, any month. But especially now, with Cinco de Mayo less than 2 weeks away… yes freaking yes.
Tacos. Burritos. Nachos. Enchiladas. Fajitas. Everything and anything. I may have a problem. #notreally #nosuchthingastoomuchmexicanfood
Luckily Asheley is with me on the Mexican/Tex-Mex love. She’s awesome like that.
But sometimes life gets busy. And that’s when slow cooker dinners can be mighty helpful. Because really, although I absolutely love cooking, once in awhile less time in the kitchen and more time catching up on DVR with Asheley by my side is a good thing.
I’ve been eyeing these Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauces lately. I first heard of them as I was walking around the exhibition center at the NYC Food and Wine Festival Grand Tasting awhile back. There’s a bunch of different flavor options.
And this Hawaiian Luau caught my eye.
Hawaiian make me think pineapple. And pineapple makes me think about this pineapple habanero salsa. Any chance I get to put that pineapple habanero salsa on something, I take it.
Oh, and hey, if you are interested in checking out all the different Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauce meal solutions, there will be in-store demos on May 3rd at various Stop & Shop and Giant locations. Just make sure to call your local store and see if they are participating before you decide to make a date out of it.
Slow Cooker Dinners: Hawaiian Luau Pulled Pork Tacos
- Total Time: 8 hours 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings (about 12 tacos) 1x
- 1 (2-3 pound) boneless pork shoulder
- 1 (13 ounce) package Campbell’s Hawaiian Luau Slow Cooker Sauce
- [Pineapple Habanero Salsa|https://sharedappetite.com/pineapple-habanero-salsa-2/]
- Tangy Cabbage Slaw (recipe below)
- Cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Queso Fresco, crumbled, for garnish
for the Tangy Cabbage Slaw
- 3 cups pre-packaged coleslaw mix (usually it’s a combination of shredded cabbage and carrots)
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Place pork shoulder in slow cooker. Pour sauce over pork (no need to add water), cover, and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Remove pork to a medium bowl and shred using two forks. Return pulled pork to slow cooker and continue to cook on low for another 30 minutes to allow pork to soak up sauce.
- Heat tortillas a bit so they are warm and pliable. You can do this in the oven wrapped in foil or in microwave (wrapped in a damp paper towel), or here’s my favorite method: heat a cast iron skillet or other heavy-bottom nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook tortilla on each side for about 30 seconds until tortillas puff and char a bit.
- Top each tortilla with pulled pork, pineapple habanero salsa, tangy cabbage slaw, and a sprinkle of cilantro and queso fresco. Eat immediately.
for the Tangy Cabbage Slaw
- Combine coleslaw mix, scallions, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Season with Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper and allow to sit for at least 20-30 minutes for flavors to meld.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours
I found Campbell’s Slow Cooker Sauces at Stop & Shop #EasyPrepMeals #CollectiveBias
Wow. These look amazing! #client
Thanks so much Alicia!
Saw the sauce in the grocery store and had to pick it up today. I always love adding a little more to it and your cilantro and mango hab sounds great! I was also thinking pineapple slices on a piece of foil on the grill.. toss the tortillas on there too maybe.. yum! Thanks for the ideas
Love grilled pineapple! That’s a great idea Lauren!