Bring the campfire into your Christmas cookie baking with these S’mores Sandwich Cookies, made with graham cracker chocolate chip cookies!
Cookies… all day long.
Fatness at it’s peak.
I could eat the cookie monster under the table… easily. But I’ve waited long enough. Christmas is just under 2 weeks away. Bring it.
I’m not one to ever turn down a cookie, but my ultimate weakness are your basic chocolate chip. They are the epitome of cookie perfection. Crispy and buttery. Soft and chewy. The variations abound, and I’m happy and willing to try them all.
I already fell in love with these Nutella Stuffed Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies and of course the Cookie Butter Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sea Salt. They are both standards in our house.
But this past weekend, I was kinda craving s’mores. And cookies. If there is anything better than one cookie, it’s two sandwiched together. With marshmallow fluff in the middle. And enrobed in dark chocolate. Mmmm hmm.
Hello Chocolate Chip Graham Cracker S’mores Sandwich Cookies. Welcome to the family beautiful.
So yea, these aren’t just your normal chocolate chip cookies. They are graham cracker chocolate chip cookies. And they are irresistible all on their own. Case in point, I had to banish Asheley from the house until I photographed these, because she honestly inhaled 4 of them right out of the oven. I knew without a drastic measure such as that, my poor cookies would never reach S’mores Sandwich Cookies status.
A word of warning when stuffing your cookies with marshmallow fluff. You’re gonna want to overstuff them… it’s tempting, I know. But don’t. The weight of the cookies will make the fluff ooze out all over the place over time. At first it’ll look all perfect and you’ll be like, see Chris, you don’t know what you’re talking about! But then after they’ve rested for a few minutes, you’ll see the ooze starting. Trust me, I know from experience.
You’re gonna want to use some good quality chocolate for the half dip. Put away that Hershey’s bar. It’s crap. I’m partial to big monster-size chocolate bars that Trader Joe’s sell. It’s a good value, tastes great, and it melts and dips very well.
This is that cookie.
On second thought, they might be too good to swap. You’d be wise to keep these for yourself.
S’mores Sandwich Cookies. I <3 You.
*Graham Cracker Cookies slightly adapted from Buns In My OvenPrint
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups ground graham cracker crumbs, divided
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup marshmallow fluff
- 10 ounces good quality chocolate, chopped and melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla extract and egg until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie-sized balls of dough (you should have about 24 total) onto baking sheets and bake for 9 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly on cookie sheets before transferring to cooling racks.
- Once cookies are cool, pair together like-sized and shaped cookies. Spread the bottom of one cookie from each pair with about 1 tablespoon of fluff. Sandwich together with the other cookie, and repeat with remaining cookies.
- Dip sandwich cookies halfway in chocolate and lay on a wax paper lined tray. Immediately sprinkle with remaining crushed graham crackers. Let chocolate harden completely before devouring.
Make sure cookies lay level once sandwiched together and allowing chocolate to harden. If cookies are pitched at an angle, they will start to slide apart. I found it easiest to place the tray of sandwich cookies in the fridge so the chocolate hardens quickly and in essence “sets” the cookies in place.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins