Make dinnertime extra easy this week with these super flavorful One Pan Baked Chicken Fajitas! Perfect for feeding a whole family without a kitchen full of dishes!
And I’m being totally sarcastic, because fajitas are so mainstream. But to my dad, who literally didn’t even eat pizza when he met my mom… this was a big step.
Fajita night soon became a staple in our house. Wednesdays. Every single Wednesday… and we SO looked forward to it. Soon we started inviting other family to fajita night as well, and it became this beautiful tradition (with Flying Saucers for dessert because it was BOGO night at Carvel… woot).
Even though we are all grown up now and my brother and I each have our own families, my mom can still lure us all together whenever she wants by declaring a fajita night dinner. Even our wives are on board. The actually look forward to family dinner at the in-laws. That’s how good these chicken fajitas are. Magic, I say. Pure magic.
The one thing that was always a bummer about fajita night was that my mom managed to dirty up every dish in the house. That definitely needed some updating because who has time for all that crap when you are trying to slap dinner on the table during the week. Not this guy. Boom! One Pan Baked Chicken Fajitas to the rescue!
Seriously, it’s that simple. All you dirtied up was a sheet pan and a cutting board for these One Pan Baked Chicken Fajitas. I like to put out the fajita chicken and pepper + onions with some of my famous guacamole, salsa, sour cream, and lime wedges. Cheese is also a necessity… go with shredded cheddar or Monterey jack, or go all fancy with some crumbled queso fresco. Your choice.
Bottom line. You need these One Pan Baked Chicken Fajitas in your life. They are SO simple to whip together, and will become a staple in your house for years to come. They literally brought our family together around the table for just about a decade!
- 6 to 8 chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 red onions, one finely chopped and two sliced, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 red bell peppers, sliced
- 16–20 flour tortillas, warmed
- Shredded sheddar cheese or crumbled queso fresco
- Lime wedges
- Chopped cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup vegetable oil, vinegar, lime juice, minced onion, garlic, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Add chicken, stir to coat, and marinate in refrigerator for at least 6 to 8 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place peppers and sliced onions on a sheet pan and drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Season with Kosher salt. Place marinated chicken on top of the vegetables and roast in oven until chicken is just cooked through, about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and slice chicken.
- Top warmed tortillas with chicken, pepper and onions, guacamole, cheese, a squeeze of lime, and cilantro. Devour immediately.
*prep time doesn’t include marinating time
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins