With just 6 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep, these Baked S’mores Churro Bites will become your family’s favorite Cinco de Mayo and Taco Tuesday dessert!
Cinco de Mayo is TOMORROW. I am beyond excited. It is, hands down, my favorite non-major holiday of the year.
The Irish have St. Patrick’s Day. The pyrotechnics-obsessed have 4th of July. Chris has Cinco de Mayo.
Besides giving me full permission to eat way more chips and guacamole than one individual should ever be allowed to consume in one
sitting month, it also means it’s the unofficial start to summer for me. I don’t know why, it just is. Now that we are in May, it’s the home-stretch for us teachers. Summer vacation is SO freaking close. And as excited as kids are to be off for the summer… teachers are 10x more ecstatic.
Every year, our church’s women’s retreat lines up with a weekend around Cinco de Mayo. And with the women away, I host my annual Cinco de Man-o party. We all look ridiculously forward to it every year. All of us guys are happy just hanging out and eating tons of tacos, guac, salsas, and whatever other savory goodness I cook up. But our friend Phil… he comes for one thing and one thing only. The sweets.
Now I thought I had a sweet tooth. Nope. Phil wins that battle. The dude is hardcore. I’m pretty sure he even brushes his teeth with milkshakes. So Phil, this one is for you. These Baked S’mores Churro Bites will be waiting for you.
What’s totally great about these Baked Churro S’mores Bites (besides the obvious wanting to stuff your face with them nonstop because hello… Baked Churro S’mores Bites) is that they only take 10 quick minutes of prep. 7 minutes if you’re super efficient in the kitchen. AND, you have most of the ingredients in your pantry already.
Cinnamon and sugar? Check. Chocolate chips and mini marshmallows? Heck yes check. Butter in the fridge? Yeah, duh. So really, the only thing you need to probably pick up are two packs of crescent rolls. Boom.
I’m 100% sure your kids will absolutely love these Baked S’mores Churro Bites. Actually, screw the kids. YOU will loves these. They are clouds of sweet dough heaven… STUFFED with chocolate and marshmallows. What else could a
kid adult want in life?
And to bring even more serious flavor to this party (like we even need it), you’re going to serve these bad boy Baked S’mores Churro Bites with Dulce de Leche (or any caramel dessert topping) and Mexican Hot Fudge.
Mexican Hot Fudge, you say? Yup… and it’s super easy to make happen. Just stir in a little bit of cinnamon (and cayenne pepper, if ya feeling spicy) to some hot fudge topping and BAM.
- 2 (8-ounce) tubes of crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup cinnamon sugar
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mexican Hot Fudge (recipe below)
- Dulce de Leche*
- ½ cup fudge topping
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch cayenne pepper**
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Unroll crescent rolls and separate. Brush each roll with melted butter and sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar. Top with mini marshmallows and chocolate chips (the more the better!). Tightly roll each wedge starting at the wide end. Some of the chocolate chips and marshmallows might try to escape and that's okay.
- Brush tops of each roll with melted butter and sprinkle with additional cinnamon sugar. Arrange on a parchment-lined baking tray and bake 9 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Let cool slightly, and serve with Mexican Hot Fudge and Dulce de Leche. Devour.
- Warm fudge topping and stir in ¼ teaspoon cinnamon and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Taste and add additional spices if desired.
**you can easily omit the cayenne pepper if desired